Monday, October 10, 2011

Stunk in a Funk

(This was done 2 weeks ago but I forgot to post)

There are times when we all feel like we are stuck in a funk.  And by funk I mean we don't feel like working out, we don't feel like watching what we eat, and we know we should do better.  For me the last month I have been in a funk.  I still do my 5 workouts a week, but I don't do as much as I did before and I have not been working out on the bike like I did in the beginning.  I know for sure that last weekend I didn't eat things that I shouldn't but I had more than I should have and I know if I lose anything tomorrow it will not be much.  I made up my mind that I have to find something to get my mind in body back on track.  So the last couple of days I have been doing the workout bike and watching what I eat.  Last night I did not feel like doing what I usually do on the bike, which is burn 700 calories, so I told myself that I had to get up early the next morning and finish the workout.  And I did it!  Last week before my last workout before my weigh-in I did 2 rounds of my strength training.  I feel so much better once I get my workouts done and I know what works good for me. 

The second part of my motivation is a little thing I like to call the "Wedding Dress" motivator.  I'm not trying to say that I'm getting married anytime soon, but one day if I get married I want to look good in my wedding dress!  Growing up I never envisioned myself in a wedding dress because I never wanted to be a big bride.  So I went and bought a wedding magazine and cut out 18-20 dresses that I thought were pretty enough to cut out and put on a poster board to put next to my workout bike.  This way I can move it where I want it and if I have a date comes over to the house then he won't get freaked out by the wedding dress pictures hanging on the wall :-)  I will not know until I get married what kind of dress will look good on me, but if I work on myself now it will make it easier later on.  We all have to find our own motivators no matter if it's to get in a pretty wedding dress, have a baby, get healthy, or to be thinner than your best friend haha it important to see what is most important and go with it! 



One thing that is something that I have not been able to do in a really long time is jog.  Last Friday Betsy and I went on a walk and the temperature was pretty cold, so I thought why not try to jog a little.  I would count to 20 while I jogged and then do another 20 and then walk for a little bit.  We did this off and on and I felt great!  I know that I have to be careful of my knees so I don't want to push it, but 84 pounds ago I would not have been able to jog as much as I did and I really enjoyed the workout.  I need to start trying out new workouts but the bad thing is it's starting to get cold so walking/jogging will have to wait until spring.  I can only imagine how much easier it will be when the time comes :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment